Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Last P-Day of Transfer-August 18, 2010

Hola familia,
How´s life at home? I hope that you are all doing well and going to church every week. :) How are my viejos doing? Did you know that´s what people call their parents here? my "olds." I think I might adopt that for the rest of my life, if you don´t mind. Life in Toay is good.... but really dusty. There is a ton of sand in Toay. Hna. Sommer likes to joke that we are going to the beach because there´s so much sand. A few weeks ago, we were trudging through huge piles of sand on this one road in Toay and she grabbed my arm and started running, dragging me behind her, yelling, " Vamos a la playa!" It was super funny, but the little kids on the side of the road watching us probably thought we were totally nuts. After, she told me that she was imagining that she was at the beach with her family and they were running to the shore where the water is. She said," I imagined that it was the same distance as it is to that fire right there." So instead of running to the shore to play in the water, we ran to the pile of trash that someone had lit on fire in their front yard. Haha... so is life in Argentina.
Something exciting this week was that I got a haircut! My first haircut of the mission! I have been wanting to get a haircut for a while now, but I don´t really trust the peluqueras and I don´t want to pay for it. We were eating lunch with a member the other day and she said that she cuts hair so we went to her house and she cut the puntos of my hair and also some flaquillos (bangs, because mine were really grown out). I think she did a pretty good job, but no one even noticed that I got a haircut. But it was still an experience. And now my hair will grow faster. :)
Cesar´s hijas came to church again this week - Aldana, Eliana, and Brenda. They´re 12, 8, and 6 and they´re all super cute and super sassy. They crack me up. Cesar had to work so he couldn´t come, but we´re hoping that the enthusiasm of his hijas will rub off on him and they´ll come to church as a family one day. Aldana already asked her mom if she could get baptized and she has a bunch of friends at church. They liked church and singing songs and drawing pictures. When it came time for sacrament meeting, we all sat by Hno. Mareque. And it just so happened that Brenda (the same sassy 6 year old that always tells Hna. Sommer that Hna. Davis was a lot prettier than she is) sat next to Hno. Mareque. The whole time, she kept turning to me and saying things like, " His nose is gigante!" or "He doesn´t have a thumbnail!" (which is true, because he accidentally cut it once when he was cutting wood, which is his job at 80 years old) or "He sang the wrong word in the song." Oh silly Brenda...
We also had a lesson this week with Ahbram, a 20 year old that we met in a computer place. We explained a ton of doctrine to him after he had a ton of questions and at the end, we asked him if he wanted to go to church and he said," I don´t really like your church. I think I want to be an evangelista." Hna. Sommer was already super tired and a little bit frustrated from explaining lots of stuff so I said to him," Ahbram, you´re looking for the truth and this is it. Everything you are looking for can be found in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, that is the Christ´s church on the earth today. We already know that you have a relationship with God so you just need to ask him if this is true and he will tell you." After that, he promised that he would pray to ask if this is the church of Christ and give it a chance. He also said that if he got a yes, he would join the church. I know that if he actually asks Heavenly Father, he´ll know that this is the church of Christ on the earth today and that it has everything that we need. We´ll just have to wait and see if he keeps his promise.
Well, this is the last week of the transfer so next week, I will either be in another area with a new companion or I will still be in Toay, spending Hna. Sommer´s last transfer of her mission with her (killing her, in mission terms). We shall see what happens.. Thanks for the support you always give me. I love you! I miss you and am excited to hang out with you all again.
Besitos,
Hna. Seegmiller

No comments:

Post a Comment