Monday, October 18, 2010

Lo que importa es lo que sos. Compartilo.-October 11, 2010

Hola familia,
The title of my email today is another profound quote off a beer bottle. Don´t worry... I´m not drinking it. Well, there is not much to report since i just barely wrote you. Another one of the changes in the mission is that Pday is now on Monday, district meeting on Tuesday morning, and weekly planning on Thursday morning. It´s going to be a little weird to get used to, but I like to think President knows what he´s doing. Today, we went to Centro to pasear and we walked by McDonald´s, which has a new hamburger called "McNífica." I thought it was pretty clever of McDonald´s to Argentinize their hamburgers. And it´s probably pretty good. My favorite named is still "The Baconator" that Wendy´s sells. I like to call it The Baconator 3000.
Anyway, this week we finally got to teach the Flia. Alarcón, a less active family that moved into our branch recently. They have a little boy with a lot of questions about God and they want us to teach him. I wanted to tell them that they should live up to their responsibility as parents and teach their child themselves, but Hna. Abarzúa said that we would teach him. It actually turned out to be a pretty entertaining experience and I´m a little bit more excited to be a teacher now. Hna. Abarzúa drew a picture of the Plan of Salvation on their little whiteboard they have and explained all the steps to him. When she got to the end, she said," So see, we want to go to go to the Celestial Kingdom because that´s where God lives." And Gabriel, who´s like 6 years old, looks at the picture and says," Yeah, but if we go here (to the Terrestrial Kingdom), we´re going to be neighbors!" I thought he had a pretty good point, but we had to help him understand that we don´t want to just be neighbors with our Heavenly Father... we want to live in his house! Then he went off about how he could send messages to him with paper airplanes if he didn´t make it. I think we helped him understand a little better that he wants to go to the Celestial Kingdom, but he´s still convinced that paper airplane messages is a good idea and is going to use them to communicate with the people in the other worlds. All right, Gabriel. You do that. :) It was really cute and funny though.
Also, Feliz Día de la Madre to all the mothers out there. For some reason, Argentina celebrates it in October so I will be thinking of you all this month (the mothers get a month here). Most of all, I will be thinking of my mother, who´s super great and has taught me basically everything I know. She´s also taught me not to be a quitter and to do the best you can, which she has taught me through saying it over and over again ("We´re not quitters!") and also through example. She tries her best in everything she does. I´m just trying to be as good a missionary as I know she was. Gracias por todo! I love you and miss you all. And I really hope that next week, I can send some pictures.
Ciaocito,
Hna. Seegmiller

No comments:

Post a Comment