Monday, October 25, 2010

Just like it says in the bible...October 25, 2010

Querida familia,
How are you all? I hope everything is going well for you and that you are enjoying the weather. This last week in Bahía has been even crazier than the one before. It was sunny, then super cold, then super windy, then rained really hard, and today it´s sunny again. We never know what to wear when we leave the house, but I think it´s going to start getting hot soon and then I´m going to die. :)
It was a good week and it went by so fast. We had divisions this week on Tuesday and Wednesday and I stayed in La Falda this time with Hna. Villegas (who´s also from Chile, but from the north). She´s very Chilena and calls everyone "po" all the time. It´s funny to hear her talk, but I enjoyed it. She actually came to the mission with me. She works really hard and walks a lot faster than I´m used to. We had some good moments together. At one door we knocked on, this old man came out and Hna. Villegas asked him if we could share a message with him. He was listening to her until he noticed me and then he said," Oh wow, what a beauty. Look at those eyes!" and then he told her that she´s very nice. She ignored him and kept talking. Then I tried to bear testimony to him, but he couldn´t listen. He started laughing and told Hna. Villegas that I´m "so beautiful. Don´t be jealous though." and Hna. Villegas, without even cracking a smile, said," No, I´m not jealous AT ALL." Oh man, it was so funny. When we walked away, I started laughing so hard and the rest of the day whenever I thought about her saying that, I started cracking up again. Pretty great.
Something else exciting that happened was that we had three investigators come to church. It was pretty crazy because it started raining on Sunday morning right before we left the house. We grabbed my umbrella (which is super great - it has a button you can press to make it go down so you don´t even have to pinch your fingers. And it´s bright red) and left to go meet Stella Maris on the corner. We didn´t think she would come because it was raining, but then we spotted her walking down the street in her bright blue raincoat and an umbrella. By the time we got to her, it was raining pretty hard and we had to jump over the gutters which had turned into rivers to make our way to Dora´s house. Miraculously, Dora was ready to go when we got there. She took her umbrella and we left. We told her that we didn´t understand where the rain had come from and she said," It´s raining because I decided to come to church today." She´s probably right. Then it started raining really, really hard and the four of us were laughing and joking as we walked the remaining six blocks to the church in the pouring rain. They had a good time because they said it was an adventure. And then we went to pick up Bernardita, who had called us the night before, asking if we would walk to church with her. So all three of them came and I´m pretty sure they enjoyed it. In sacrament meeting, Stella Maris sat next to Bernardita and Hna. Abarzúa overheard her telling Bernardita that "they do everything here just like it says in the Bible." So great. It´s true though. Our church is the church of Jesus Christ so we do everything that he did when he was on the earth and everything that he revealed to his prophets. Pretty amazing.
The other day, I woke up and was having a dream where I went to Brett Leavitt´s house with Luke, Erik, and Kylie to visit him on Christmas day. He had gotten a tent for Christmas and was showing it to us. When I woke up, I thought to myself," Wow, it´s been a while since I´ve seen them. Why don´t I go visit them today?" But then I came to my senses and realized that I´m still in Argentina and it´ll be another ten months before I go visit them. It was a weird thought and I really do miss my friends and my family a lot, but I also know that Stella Maris and Bernardita and Dora and Jorge and Estela and our other investigators need me right now. I´m happy to be able to serve them and enjoy the life of a missionary. The church is true and is such a blessing for us. I love you all and am so happy that I know you. ¡Les quiero un montón!
Besos,
Hna. Seegmiller

No comments:

Post a Comment